Since I've been getting emails from alot of people wanting to know more information about this event and tape, I've decided to add a FAQ page with answers to most of the questions I've recieved. UPDATED 11/6/09
1. Hi, I'm Nathaniel and I just read your article. How can you prove that this tape isn't just a really nice cover band of The Beatles? - Nathaniel
A: You bring up a good point Nathaniel, though during my discussion with Jonas about music and the music industry, I learned that in his world there were no such thing as cover bands, something about an ultra strict copyright and musicians were only allowed to play music they wrote themself. Unfortunetly we didn't get to discuss that issue too much but I do remember him mentioning that when I brought up one of our dimensions bands, Easy Star All Stars, who do reggae cover albums in our dimension.
2. Hey "James," what's up? Listen, I just stumbled upon your site, and I must say, reading your story and listening to Beatles music that may or may not be form another bloody universe sent a chill down my spine. However, I must say, I'm still a bit doubtful about your claim. Do you, perhaps, have any better detailed photos of the tape, or anything else surrounding these events, which you so claimed to have experienced? Also, out of curiosity, which decade in that universe is this album from? It sounds incredibly ahead of its time (universe?). - Kevin
A: I am not sure which decade this album was recorded. There is no date on the actual tape (just album title, artist and song titles), and I didn't think to even ask that information when I took the tape because I figured any questions about any of those tapes may raise suspicsion in Jonas, whom would in turn possibly find out about me taking the evidence of my trip. I do agree, it does sound ahead of its time, though this may be due to any number of things that could have happened in the other dimension. It seemed like their timeline of events and technology was a little more advanced than ours in some aspects, but the date and time were the same as ours in the other dimension.
I'll get some more detailed pictures of the tape up too.
3. Thanks for posting the download and sharing your story about this pretty cool collection of songs. After listening to all of it, however, it sounds like a collection of previous Beatles and post break up albums from this dimension mixed into new songs.
I didn't recognize Sick to Death, but everything else just seemed like a mix from other songs that could be made using modern mixing equipment. Has anyone else given you the same feedback? - Steven
A: I have heard that feedback actually, and infact I had a feeling some of the songs had a familiar sound to them as well. The only conclusion I can come up with is even though in the alternate universe The Beatles hadn't broken up, that didn't mean their future music ideas disapeared. I wish I grabbed this other tape that had a song very similiar to "Imagine" on it that Jonas played, only it sounded like it had a big band behind it with horns and huge orchestral sections, though the lyrics were practically identical to the original "Imagine". I wouldn't be surprised if in the alternate dimension when The Beatles were songwriting they brought melodies and lyrics they had in their head to the songwriting table and hashed them out with the rest of the group, where as in our dimension they didn't have the other band members influences.
4.You should probably go knock yourself out again and get those last few tapes for us. That would be splendid. - J. C.
A: I doubt Jonas would be happy to see me a second time, I did steal the tape from him even after he warned me not too... plus its not like I can get a hold of him if I wanted to. It would be splendid to hear the other tapes though...
5. So was there a Yoko Ono in this universe? - Christopher
A: As far as I could tell there was, i remember seeing her name on one of the tapes, not sure why (song title?) I didn't ask much about her in our conversations though.
6. You know, I love the album, and as much as I hate sounding like a skeptic of you...Well, track 3 STRONGLY reminds me of a Sting song. Infact, the main riff of "Anybody Else" (track 3, as I'm sure you know) sounds like it's copied from the Sting song. I just can't figure out which song it is. - Zach
A: I'm not sure of what Sting song you are talking about, but I'm am pretty sure that Sting wasn't in the Beatles in the alternate dimension I went to. Maybe just a coincidence?
7. I was just wondering when this incident apparently happened, I downloaded the album and have no clue what year to accredit this album too?
A: The incident of myself aquiring the tape happened on September 9 of this year, the actual release of the album in the alternate dimension is unknown to me. My guess is it came out late 70's - mid 80's but to be honest I have no clue.
8. Hey, you stupid attention-seeking idiot, please get the hell away with your "supposed" new album. Even after listening to it 2 secs I noticed it was just band on the run mixed with other music. Please get a life and stop with the site. NO ONE thinks it's funny except for you maybe. Loser... - Lander
A: see FAQ question #3 above in regards to the "Band On The Run" part of your email
9. I'm really hoping this is a true story. I do have a serious question for you though. Did you ask him or find out if there is any way for us to travel to them? or does someone have to bring you there? I really want to go knock myself out in the desert so this will happen to me. I want to know as much about this as possible this is very interesting to me and I want to experience this myself. - AJ
A: I didn't ask him specifically that question but as far as I know from what we talked about our universe has no capabilities to travel dimensionally unless they came here first. He did say our universe was uncharted, which his job was to explore new universes that he could then market to the masses because they were similar to his and safe. So by us being uncharted there is a good chance he was the first to come here and explore it, which means there's a good chance that technology hasn't already been brought here previously.
Which doesn't mean it wont happen in the future, for all I know he may be selling the coordinates to our universe to some company in his universe that specializes in relocating people to other universes. He told me all that it takes is for someone to transport a dimensional traveling machine through a portal for that new universe to be exposed to dimensional traveling.
I wouldn't suggest knocking yourself out in a desert though, that may not get the results you are looking for.